After a posting hiatus I have a new burst of additions on the way. First off is some new sections for Space Hulk. I took part in the Lead Adventure Forum 'Build Something' contest, and made it to the second round... which meant an extra week of not being able to post pics :)
The official entry pic:
Details and WIP images:
Miniatures are from the Lead Adventure Astropolis range, the poor guy (who is removable) who didn't make it is a Mantic Plague Zombie with some Wargames Factory skeleton parts.
I've made some more progress on the Clue 3D Board. I cut all the walls, although I am switching my door method, which means I'll need to re-cut some pieces. Floors for each room have been decided upon although I haven't quite figured out how I will do the secret doors in corner rooms. The center will either be a rug or a staircase.
Originally I planned to use laser cut doors but I didn't buy enough, and rather than order more I am making my own. The doors are basswood, with inset small rare earth magnets to keep them in place. A nail is embedded in the wall and floor which attracts the magnets. That will also allow them to be opened and closed. Windows are laser cut pieces, I can't recall where they came from...
I wouldn't be me if I didn't have about ten projects going at once. Pretty much as soon as the spray sealer dried on the industrial terrain, I redirect some energy to the 3D Clue board I started last year. I bought a lot of chairs, furniture, and various decor over the last several months.
I drew out the board on 'Gatorfoam' a while back. This week I started walls. I'm trying to decide how to handle secret passages and such.
I was initially inspired to start a project of this nature by an awesome blog named Governor General of Sector Six, and decided to make it compatible with the Clue game mechanics. I'm hoping to use it for 40K settings as well as Pulp Alley or Strange Aeons.
Last night I finished painting a large MDF 28mm scale industrial terrain set that I picked up in a 2014 Kickstarter, produced by Impudent Mortal.
I paid one of my students to build the structures and then they sat gathering dust for a year before I committed to painting them. I ended up not building some pipe racks and barricades included in the KS.
Anyway, just a wide shot for now- when I get time I'll take some pictures with figures and set a mood.
I just wish I had this twenty years ago when I was playing Necromunda!