Monday, July 2, 2018

Lead Painter's League 2018 - Round 8 - Hunters or Hunted?

This is the Round 8 entry for this year's LPL, "Hunters or Hunted?"

 

 The orcs are from the new Northstar Oathmark Goblins plastic box set, one is a metal leader and one has a head from the old Wargames Factory orc box. The spiders are from Reaper. The castle is s little resin sculpture I found in a Dollar General store.






That's shot of my setup, showing how I arranged the scenic elements to get the 'forced perspective' look.

8 comments:

  1. That's brilliant. The models are really good but so is the way that you've put the photo together. I love the fairy tale look of it all. But to quote Father Ted, is the castle small or far away?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and atmospheric pictures, a most impressive forest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think I'm sorted for trees now ;)

      Delete
  3. It was one of the hardest choices to make while voting on LAF, in the end I had to throw coin to decide who to vote for. :)
    Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't blame you for the coin toss, there were some tough choices this year!

      Delete
  4. Excellent scene, and that behind the scenes shot is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete