Monday, October 14, 2019

Adepta Sororitas Seraphim

I've been working sporadically on my Sisters of Battle collection, hoping to get the units I have done before GW drops the new ones.

The Seraphim were my favorite unit in 2nd edition, but I wasn't looking forward to painting them, and I had some conversions in mind for a number of years. I got them done a few weeks ago but didn't have time to get pictures. I have finally remedied that for post #150.




I had the idea to convert some Seraphim to wield dual inferno pistols, but I wanted them to have the archaic looking ones found on the Inquisition miniatures. I used some arms from Empire pistoliers and added a small canister. I also made a new hand flamer sister, since GW only ever made one pose.


Lastly, a few extra seraphim superiors- I had to collect all the variants of course. The bolt pistol/power sword sister is the Ephrael Stern model from the scarce Daemonifuge set. She's almost certainly a recast, I wasn't able to acquire a legit set with the certificate until recently. I'll paint that one with the Martyred Lady scheme.

 

These took a lot of hours but as always look pretty impressive in a big group when finished.

6 comments:

  1. Those are really good conversions. I especially like the old-fashioned pistols. I quite like the basic models - it's just a shame that GW didn't make more poses. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the range was always pretty limited. I'm very curious to see what the new update brings forth.

      Delete
    2. Likewise. Apart from modernising the sculpts, I'm not sure that we're going to see very many new concepts. Hopefully there will be a new tank, or a plastic Repressor, but that remains to be seen.

      Delete
  2. That is a LOT of Seraphim! Great work, they look fantastic. The conversions are very nice too.

    ReplyDelete