Monday, February 8, 2021

Leet Herder

I have quite a few miniatures (dozens, actually) that I vow to get to every year. I have a box full that are nominally on a 'short list' but they get skipped over every year. Here is one such group.


Alien and skinhound, from the Blind Beggar "Outlanders Phase II" Kickstarter.

Herder and cyber-hound from the Blind Beggar "Outlanders Phase II" Kickstarter, along with a herd of 'Leets' from Matakishi's Tea House. These critters are from the Anarchy Online game (I haven't played it, but I liked the look of these things). The herder has comically big boots, and I decided to come up with a reason why.

A trademark of the leet herders of Providentia Nova is a pneumatic shell cracker and heavy boots.

During a Dark Eldar raid decades ago, allied Harlequins thought it would be amusing to seed the planet with invasive lifeforms. One of the more successful organisms was the hard shelled burrowing ‘foot crab’, which quickly became a threat to the herders and their way of life.


The foot crabs are resin, from Krakon Games.

6 comments:

  1. Great work--and we all have that short list we never get to don't we!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only dozens waiting to be painted? That is true will power.
    Loved the leets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My short list "In the queue" box is dozens :)

      My lead pile is hundreds if not in the thousands...

      Quite sad really!

      Delete
  3. Wish I had something interesting to add, other than these are all awesome! It's crazy how much time I've spent looking at obscure miniatures, and yet with kickstarters there is always something new to discover. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to keep track of all the ranges and weird miniatures out in the wild. Too many to buy, let alone find time to paint!

      Delete