Monday, August 9, 2021

The Swamplands - Rangers of Shadow Deep

After finishing the Broken Stairs board it was time to move on to the "Swamplands", a 2x2 board with 8" of deep water. I used a piece of matboard, so that it was flat and could tuck under the stairs slightly.

It was easy to do- a layer of clear Plasti-Dip to seal it; brown and black spray paint with some flock sprinkled on, followed by painting with acrylic craft paint and a little more flock on top. Last, a coat of polyurethane to seal it up and make it look glossy, and a second coat of poly on the deep water.

View from opposite edge- the party prepares to move into the deep water. The raptor, Ladyhawke, inhales noxious fumes and passes out. Lewinna carefully places the ailing bird into her pack.


Vicious fight at the water's edge- the knight flounders in deep water. Lewinna prepares to cast a spell of Transference but the knight makes it out in time.



Gabriella pulls a treasure chest from the muck.


The wardog is felled by a gruesome swipe by the zombie. It recovers later, but develops psychological scars. Ingrid, the recruit, also takes a grimy claw to the face and is taken out... she loses an eye as a result.

Sadly, Ladyhawk does not recover, and Lewinna takes a moment to mourn her friend.


12 comments:

  1. I can't believe how amazing does that board look. Pretty nice -and nice game too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad for a quickie texture and paint :)
      Now I need a 3x3 or 4x4 for the Turnip28 thing I have going...

      Delete
  2. Sweet! Looking forward to seeing some turnip28 stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the game mat and stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this: just yesterday I was thinking it'd be great to see some more of your games and here we are! That swamp is very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely don't show the games as often as I should, I usually forget to take pics. People ask from time to time so I ought to do it.

      Delete
  5. Wow. I’d love to play on that table. It looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your block in search of RoSD stuff. Just awesome what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you run the blog as well! I just discovered your work today on Instagram and became an instant fan. :)
    Looking forward to your future projects! ;)

    ReplyDelete