Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Inquistion - Karamazov - All Inquisiton Released up to 5/23/2023

This post is the culmination of a three and a half year project- to paint every 28mm Inquisitor Games Workshop has produced to date. Since starting the project in January 2020, I tried to paint one Inquisitor per month, switching back and forth from the earliest release to the most recent.

Today, I finished Inquisitor Karamazov!

 

I ran into a few pitfalls along the way. Games Workshop released two Inquisitors (Draxus and Cartavolnus) while I was on the project. More problematic, I discovered I had forgotten about the Black Library limited edition Eisenhorn- it took a full year to track down a set and came down to “I know a guy who knows a guy”.

 
Lastly, I thought I had purchased Karamazov and had him stored, but it seems I was wrong about that, so I had to track down his metal version too. 


In the meantime, I nabbed loose Eisenhorn and Silas Hand minis from eBay, so I have a single of them along with them placed in their dioramas.

The real kicker is I can only say I have painted all the GW 28mm Inquisition for about three days, since they are officially releasing more in the new Kill Team box this Saturday... needless to say I am chagrined!!!




 
    

 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome project! Well done! And though it seems it is now going to be "unfinished" again...it just goes to show that no project is ever truly done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen all those models in a single pic, you just unlocked an internet achievement. They all look amazing, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You may be correct, I know I have seen people talk about doing it but so far I've not seen a painted group.

      Delete
  3. These are all really great, now to find some heretics to purge :)

    ReplyDelete