Thursday, June 20, 2019

40K Imperial Naval Security Troopers and Admiral Sora

I read Dan Abnett's book Xenos, featuring the inquisitor Eisenhorn, a few years ago. For some reason the descriptions of the Naval Security troops in the Eisenhorn books stick with me, and I'd been wanting to make some versions of the troops ever since.

I accumulated components quite a long time ago, and the project went on the back burner. When GW recently announced the Necromunda Enforcers, which have a similar carapace armor vibe, I knew I had to get them done quick or I'd never get to them.



The WIP shows my build. I used Dreamforge Eisenkern bodies, shoulder pads and weapons from Mad Robot, and helmets from MaxMini. The bases are from Champ Industries.
 

Here's the five troopers I ended up with, along with Admiral Sora (produced by Victoria Miniatures). The original had a hook hand, which I replaced with a slightly modified plastic hand so that it looked bionic.




The backdrop is a space photo I bought from eBay. The photo was placed a few inches behind a wall I made using Maki Games components, acquired from a Kickstarter they ran a few years ago.

I have about thirty more figures set aside for ratings, engineers, and armsmen, plus a few officer types. Someday!

7 comments:

  1. They look good! I made some naval marines using the same heads and Anvil Industry bodies but they ended up merged into my Guard. I blame BFG - I have been pondering flight crew, bridge officers and arms men too haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That page in the BFG rulebook that illustrated the crew types was pretty damn sweet :)

      Delete
  2. Such lovely models, the admiral looks as if she has walked out of some BFG or Rogue Trader RPG artwork and the guards are super sleek and look like real professionals. I bet they come in handy in boarding actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty nice! The kitbashing work is really effective, I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great kitbash. They could also pass as arbites quite easily. Very useful and I like the Vic Minis figure as well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're right, they will be pretty good for generic Enforcer/carapace armor type goons.

      Delete