Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Rogue Trader Era Arbites and Administratum Scribe

As a follower of the Eldritch Epistles blog,  I would see some unearthed and exceedingly rare unreleased miniatures- and then lament that I'd never get my hands on them.

Wargames Foundry did something amazingly cool and released a set of these previously unavailable Rogue Trader era miniatures.



I finally worked my way through the whole set: 8-ball (who I painted a while back), two Arbites, an Administratum Scribe, and an unknown armored guy.

  


  


 Also up for view is a "Confession Machine" made by MaxMini that I have had my eye on for several years.



The guy on the left is a sculpt offered for sale to members of the "Emporium of Rogue Dreams" Facebook group. I thought he had some similar design aesthetics to the anonymous armored guy so I painted them both at the same time.


13 comments:

  1. I really like the red and black bad guys in particular, but the judge-esque scheme works nicely on the two Arbites.

    It's a fantastic set - I've only painted a couple of them to date myself. I really hope Foundry do something similar this year at Bring Out Your Lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much old school goodness, this is an amazing set.
    Terrific brushwork on all of them, your colourschemes are amazing. It's hard to pick a favourite but I really like the idea behind the confession booth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope to use the booth in at least one scenario.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. The Emporium figure is a great idea to add here. That fig and the cloaked guy from the Absolution squad look how I imagine Arbites in the more modern lore (senior grimdark lawyer/barrister types) compared to the Enforcers (grimdark, Dredd style cops).

    The new Necromunda Enforcers have put me in the mood to add a few more. I might steal the idea to include the Emporium figure if that's ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, no need to ask to steal- I've gotten plenty of inspiration from you :)

      Delete
  4. That scribe has awesome biceps! Lovely jobs as always, those are rather cool minis and you've captured a real Dredd feel with the paintjob. Looking forward to what's next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have some impressive arms- honestly, he better watch out... I can see some Inquisitors taking an interest in his odd proportions :)

      Delete
  5. What a tasty old skool post to drool over Doc! Glad you got a pack of those, they are a fun set, and always like the addition of fun terrain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you made a lovely work on all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice indeed! That all goes together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete