Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Oldhammer Fantasy Fighters


Over a year ago a friend alerted me that there were some old 80s Citadel and Marauder miniatures at a nearby flea market in rural Kansas- for a good price too, about $2 a figure. After buying a bunch of them I had to hunt down some proper shields (thanks to Blue in VT from Oldhammer in the New World and Svennn on Lead Adventure Forum). Rangers of Shadow Deep has re-invigorated my love of Fantasy again, so I have been chipping away on the Oldhammer lead to use as rangers and companions.  

Here's a group of fighters from Marauder, a Citadel sister company as I understand it. Not sure which range the crossbow fellow is from.


More on the way!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous paint work! Amazing what you find out there in the wheat fields. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)

    I was a bit surprised to see them show up in Sparks, normally a ghost town 359 days of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice! Charming characters, each one of them by their own right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, your smooth transitions and clean brushwork, as well as the colours you picked bring out the best of these oldschool models.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crossbowman is the "Scout" from the Talisman Dungeon set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, appreciated. I didn't think to even look at the Talisman figures in the old catalogues!

      Delete
  6. I stumbled across your post and I've been following the Gelida campaign on Instagram. You mentioned nearby rural Kansas. I'm in Topeka if you're ever nearby and would like a game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm about an hour from Topeka- that's an easy drive. I'd love to meet up sometime.

      Delete