Sunday, August 18, 2019

Warhammer 40K Colossus Class Imperial Robot

A few months ago, a fan revision of the old Rogue Trader era 'Colossus class' robot showed up for pre-order on one of the Oldhammer groups on Facebook. Not really having any immediate use for it I decided to buy one anyway and have recently finished it. It is a seriously heavy chuck of metal!



As you can see here, I went with a Chapter Approved paint scheme that was in an old issue of White Dwarf. I decided to use the Imperial scheme since I thought it captured the bizarre aesthetic of Rogue Trader pretty well. I used a few decals on this one to speed up the process.


 

5 comments:

  1. That's nice! I don't think I had seen one of these in such a pure RT style before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a color scheme! I appreciate that you weathered it, as it make the rather eye catching scheme seem a bit more "real".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it definitely needed some scratches etc., it was looking very toy like :)

      Delete