Sunday, October 18, 2020

40k Adventurers - Squat Miner - Engineer - Mole Mortars - Shorty

I'm about two months behind on my 40K Adventurers project, but still chipping away. Up for perusal is the Squat Miner and Engineer from the Adventurers range, along with a couple mole mortars they use for surveying, a ratling security guard ('Shorty', from the Mercenaries range) and a Squat crewman.


I had a hard time coming up with a color scheme for them, which was why it took me so long to get around to committing. I ended up using an old Rogue Trader illustration, along with the box art from the 1970's TV show 'Electric Company'.



8 comments:

  1. Really nice! I'm a big fan of the non-combat vibe going on in this scene - it really does look like a group of surveyors plotting the levels for a new road. The retro 1970s colour scheme works brilliantly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I built about 20 more squats, hope to make a nice little expeditionary group.

      Delete
  2. Really fun squats! But I think the real star of the show is the chipping effects on all of the yellow bits. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, chipping effects are fun to do, any excuse I can find for it :)

      Delete
  3. These look lovely. I think the choice of colours is a total win, it adds 'that' touch. Really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber- I spent weeks looking at these guys without inspiration then it suddenly clicked :)

      Delete
  4. They look great! The wacky colors are perfect for Rogue Trader figures.

    ReplyDelete