Friday, November 6, 2020

Iona Starkiller and Piscean Warriors - Sarharduin

I've had these miniatures sitting half-finished on the desk for at least three months. "Iona Starkiller" from Hasslefree Miniatures, and two "Fishman" Warriors from Knightmare Miniatures. The first is obviously an Eldar psyker and the fishmen are modern versions of the fairly rare (if not rare, at least pricey) 1987 40k Piscean Warrior. Apparently the new name for the fishman faction is Sarharduin.

Usually, any significant delay in getting something painted is because I don't have a good color scheme picked out. I decided to try for a wolf eel look for the Pisceans, but the 'clothing' and gear eluded me for a long while. I decided to try a dark wetsuit vibe, with coral/shell colors for the backpacks and details.


Pretty happy with the result, I'm glad I didn't go in half-cocked. In my headcanon Iona is a vehemently anti-Terran Eldar corsair, and the Pisceans are a mated pair that owe her a life debt for saving their colony.

5 comments:

  1. Those Pisceans are spectacular! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I really like your choices of colour. What a paintjob! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Committing to a color scheme can be tough sometimes!

      Delete
  3. Sarharduin...as in sardine? Hah!

    These are really gorgeously painted - I've been meaning to buy them and the not-Space Fimir for ages :)

    ReplyDelete