Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

I'm a bit behind on my Inquisition project (painting all the GW Inquisitors ever released, flipping back and forth between oldest to newest) but I do have a new addition, Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn.


I'm quite sure he's the most recently released Inquisitor (2018) and, sadly, GW resin. I don't think they call it Finecast any longer- but it just isn't that great of a material. There were some bubbles, a few areas of excess material that needed to be cut away near the book, and the details just weren't that crisp. But he's done! I love the Eisenhorn novels, so this character was fun to paint none-the-less.

Up next, another Rogue Trader era Inquisitor.











6 comments:

  1. I thought Eisenhorn was bald 🤔. Maybe they rereleased him with a toupee or in his younger years.
    You did an excellent job on him, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where this miniature is in the timeline, I went with the colors on the cover of the paperback omnibus- he looks even younger there. I assume this is early career :)

      Delete
    2. Great job, really nice. As always, the background is just as spectacular!

      As to above I remember reading somewhere (probably White Dwarf?) that the sculptor (Maxime Corbeil) sculpted the character in age as mid/early-career but he is carrying all of his well known items some of which were not acquired until later...so it is a generic Eisenhorn representing him at all ages/stages. Personally I have just got the omnibus but haven't started reading it yet!

      Delete
    3. I'm currently trying to find a copy of Pariah, I don't want to buy an e-book :)

      Delete
  2. Nice rendition of the character! I like it very much, I really like the look in his eyes!

    ReplyDelete