Thursday, June 11, 2020

Rogue Trader Ordo Malleus and Adeptus Arbites


Here's my latest entry for my Inquisitor project, an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and some followers.
  

The Inquisitor is from the old Rogue Trader Ordo Malleus blister pack. The two followers are "Mourning Wolves' Warzone/Mutant Chronicles miniatures. They seem to fit very well with this guy. Along with my other Rogue Trader projects, I based the oddball color scheme on a Moebius concept illustration.


Grey Knights were one of my favorite armies back in the olden days, and one of their unit types in Slaves to Darkness was an Arbites squad. I was always a little resentful that GW didn't make any Arbites for the Grey Knights list. These versions were released right as 2nd Edition was dropping, and were  replaced not long after by another variation.


I've been collecting Arbites for a long time, and it seemed like another case of 'now or never', so I decided to make a street-legal Arbites squad according the the list in Slaves to Darkness to guard the Inquisitor. A couple years ago I decided I needed a grenade launcher for my RT Arbites, and sculpted one that looked like the ones used by the Imperial Guard, I also sculpted a web gun, since they were stock on the Arbites list. I cast a bunch of them in resin.




7 comments:

  1. The sculpting is just.. wow! I also have a bunch of Warzone stuff in my collection, but I find most of the pieces don't scale well with humans. Those two fit the bill brilliantly though! #arbitesb4arbiteswerecool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Warzone can be all over the place in scale and proportion. There are a few I cherry picked though :)

      Delete
  2. All great, but especially love those followers. Dramatic-looking characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll reiterate what I said over at LAF - that arbite grenadier is such a cleanly executed conversion, you wouldn't know it had been adapted. But the work involved in removing that shotgun and repositioning the arms must have been difficult and delicate! Brilliant!

    It goes without saying that the whole group is great - lovely colour scheme and model selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Web guns, been a while since I last heard of those. Very sharp looking bodyguards, superb work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly lovely. The work on the webbers is amazing, I'm so jealous now! :D

    ReplyDelete