Sunday, January 27, 2019

Bloodletter - Oldhammer Style

I picked this miniature up loose at GenCon a couple of years ago and painted it up recently. I was a big Khorne fan back in the Rogue Trader era (and like many people sold my army to later regret).
 



I think this version is the most horrifying- the later steroid bulked versions seem too brutal and don't have an 'otherworldly' vibe. I also tried out some of the Games Workshop technical blood effect paint, it seems to do the trick very nicely.

6 comments:

  1. Certainly the most horrifying rendition to my mind too. You've done a sterling job with the brush - the blood spatters beneath the hooves are superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, wasn't sure how I would like the hoof blood spatter but I imagined that these things exude blood and leave a trail while they're manifested.

      Delete
  2. Nice work! You don't often see these sculpts around anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are relatively scarce. Back in the old Rogue Trader days one of these showing up in a small game was bad news :)

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! I do like those older, weirder, daemons...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I like the old version of all the demons, with the Pink/Blue Horrors being the exception.

      Delete