Thursday, March 10, 2022

Jalara, Assassin - Marduk

I enjoy coming across random challenges and contests on Instagram. They often prompt me to paint a mini that has been sitting around for years. This time it was the "Fabulous February Females" challenge.

I have dozens of cool female miniatures in the queue, so it was hard to pick. I settled on 'Jalara' from Tin Man Miniatures. She is from their Barsoom style setting... which usually implies scant clothing. Not sure if she is a proxy for a character from the John Carter series.

I also recently painted up the latest miniature from Hydra, the leader of the Imperial Faction... Marduk.



10 comments:

  1. Very good work. I really like the shading on the black cloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The difference between cloak and other stuff is pretty slight, I could maybe enhance that a bit.

      Delete
  2. Great paint jobs. A very cool bunch of figures you've collected there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my collection has a lot of variety if nothing else :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't know this mini and, clothing apart, I find it fascinating, both on the pose and the expression on the face -though I suspect you can take a lot of credit for that. Really enjoyable paintjob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Yeah, the clothing is very 'John Carter', but not really fitting well with the overall vibe of my retro stuff.

      Delete
  4. Awesome paintjob and great photography!

    ReplyDelete