Sunday, April 9, 2017

Lead Painter's League 11 - Round 1 - It Should Not Be

The 'Lead Painter's League', an annual ten-week painting contest hosted on the Lead Adventure Forum, is up and running. I felt I had the time to run with the pack this year.

My first entry was "It Should Not Be".


 I found a fake pulp magazine image a few years ago and had been wanting to re-create the jungle girl on the cover ever since. A friend identified the rifle for me and I was able to acquire a 28mm Mosin-Nagant. The original cave girl figure, from Tin Man Miniatures, had a spear (I also painted that version in an earlier LPL!). Replacing the weapon was a nice little challenge.



  

The warrior women are from Wargames Foundry's 'Darkest Africa' range.   

The creature is from Pure Evil Miniatures. He looks like an even more horrifying version of the Hasslefree 'Maw', so I had to have him.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, most impressive pictures, love the splendid Zulus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Love the conversion of cave girl, that must have been quite fiddly.

    ReplyDelete