Wednesday, January 1, 2020

End of Year Randomness - 2019 Edition

I don't have New Year Resolutions in the classic sense, but I do have an end-of-year tradition I try very hard to hold myself to: Avoid going into the new year with anything primed and waiting. As in the past I nearly made it, using Jan. 1st to finish up painting a set of 3D printed terrain for Blackstone Fortress. Other than that, I managed to knock out a variety of terrain and miniatures that have been waiting in the wings for a while.



Crashed Aquila Lander from the 4th edition (I think) Battle of Macragge set, a Cargo R.A.T. heavy hauler from Ratgard, three vehicles for the Gelida snow world project, a little cargo cart, plus a host of 40K Inquisition and fantasy figures and other random terrain. Most of these will be getting their own blog entry someday.


Cyber Cherub. I wanted to paint something cool on the scroll, and decided to do a 40K version of the Mandylion. I Googled "Emperor of Mankind" and went with the first image that came up. Original by the artist "Genzoman":

 


The Inquisition Daemonhosts are perhaps my least-favorite miniatures from the whole range (vying with the Dialogous for that dubious distinction). I don't mind them as much painted.


The statue was intended for my Warriors of Doom LPL entry but I didn't have a sensible way to fit it in the picture. It's available from Forge of Ice. The RAFM chaos warrior is a figure I owned about 30 years ago and decided to snag of eBay for nostalgia's sake.



Two sister superiors that I hadn't finished along with their squads.

I didn't keep a record of what I painted last year (looking back, some didn't show up on the blog) but I'm guessing around 400 miniatures! (EDIT: After a quick count it is closer to 350. Still a bit insane.)

8 comments:

  1. 400 painted?! Considering the high level to which you paint a figure that is really impressive. Almost as impressive as the Cherub and scroll - fantastic work.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in doubt of my estimate so I did a quick survey... 350 28mm miniatures and tanks/vehicles/walkers for sure, at least 30 tokens/clues/markers of various types, terrain sets for Necromunda and Blackstone Fortress, plus at least 20 other random terrain items, statues, etc.

      Not sure how I did it to be honest, probably a record year. The LPL by itself accounted for 67 figs and some new terrain :)

      Delete
  2. Your work on the cherub and the scroll it's holding is breathtaking, truly beautiful.
    How do you manage to finish 400 models at this quality of painting? You're making me more than a bit jealous 😊.

    Happy New Year and best wishes for 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Now that I took some time to actually count the output it's more like 350 28mm miniatures. That doesn't count a bunch of tokens, clues, terrain items like statues etc. Well over 400 individual elements though. Crazy!

      Delete
  3. Lovely work. I do like the picture of the pilgrims visiting the ATM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant--very impressive output. Love the scroll with the icon of the emperor.

    ReplyDelete