Sunday, June 6, 2021

40K Relic Dealer

I have quite a few ideas for populating my intact (not the typical warzone) 40K Imperial city, and one I've been wanting to get to for a while was this relic dealer with a mobile kiosk. I decided on a Reaper cleric figure, and added some details to bring him into the setting.

 
His mobile shop sets on top of the tracks from an AdMech Kataphron. The case structure is a 3D print I designed, as I didn't want to try to make matching pairs of gothic arches from plasticard. I did end up making shelves from plasticard and a Hirst Arts cabinet. Relics are Hirst Arts, Grey Knight relic bits, some press molded greenstuff versions, GW skulls, bones from a Frostgrave kit (Gnolls or Cultists), and a bit from an Anvil Industries sisters detail sprue.
 




The back view displays all of the necessary paperwork and seals showing he's a licensed relic dealer.



I also have an unlicensed dealer in the works- definitely a shady fellow.

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic work. I really like these "normal" 40k people you've been making. The detail on the relic case is great. I vaguely remember a pardoner as being a seller of religious relics (GCSE English literature!) but I might be wrong about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a pardoner in Canterbury tales for sure, I think he took money for 'less time in purgatory' or indulgences or something like that :)

      Delete
  2. Another fantastic miniature for your city project. I love the kiosk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these narrative figures and their accompanying terrain. They feel like living, breathing citizens of the 41st Millennium. The mobile relic stall is as perfect a piece of 40k set dressing as you could hope for really, with its blend of middle-ages blind faith and technology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool model. I love the little details of citizenry you are putting into this project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really well done and evocative vignette. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He will fit in well next to your holy TV guy. You've save up quite a few characters since your last "everyone's 'ere" photoshoot. Looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be quite a crowd now :)
      Need to come up with a good backdrop!

      Delete
  7. Brilliant. I love your idea of the intact city and the parade of characters you keep adding to it are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is inspired. I love the attention to detail and how you give life to this kind of projects. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete