Monday, June 28, 2021

Inquisitors - Ordo Malleus, Barbaric Inquisitor, Jac Draco

Looks like I got behind on posting my monthly Inquisitors... I've been painting one per month for about a year and a half now :)

Anyway, here are the Inquisitors for April, May, and June. First up, the Rogue Trader era "Ordo Malleus in Terminator Armor".


 
Next up, a Daemonhunter from the 2003 range. One of my least favorite of the GW Inquisitors, after painting him I like him a lot more. I went for a barbaric, feral vibe. I decided he’s been stranded on a feral world for too long, picking up some of the cultural practices of the locals :)


Lastly, this month’s inquisitor is the last of my Rogue Trader era for this project. He’s one of my all time favorites- the “Inquisitor in Terminator Armor”. Often referred to as Jaq Draco, as this model has a very faithful representation on the Games Workshop novel “Inquisitor” by Ian Watson. I decided to go out with a bang and did the banner shown on the book cover too. Started painting and finished in about 24 hours so I could squeeze into Inq28th.



11 comments:

  1. that draco is brilliant. nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the three of them, but I have to say I have always had a soft spot for both termies. It's fantastic to see them after your brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here- those were some of my very first GW models. Second time painting them!

      Delete
  3. Awesome work. I really like what you do with the barbaric inquisitor. I think he needs a name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You finished Draco inside of a day? That's bonkers! The Daemon hunter is so dramatic. That figure gives me all the nostalgias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Close to it- didn't include build or priming of course but I hauled ass on getting him done!

      Delete
  5. Very nice work. The model of Draco looks just like the old novel cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could use a little more harsh highlighting, toward yellow, but close enough for me anyway!

      Delete
  6. Lovely as always! I've long been a fan of the 'Draco' terminator model (I painted mine gold in my youth!). The banner is a nicely evocative addition, but I adore that red armour.

    ReplyDelete