Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Colony 87 Waves 1 and 2

I really love the Colony 87 sci-fi range. I was a backer of the very first Kickstarter as well as the 'Return to Colony 87'. I was happy to see the range picked up and expanded by Crooked Dice.

Having painted all the figures, Crooked Dice approached me to paint another set for them- what I ended up doing was trading my painted set off... I knew I wasn't going to have time to paint another set up to standard by the date needed.

I really don't enjoy re-doing a project... so the replacement unpainted set took me a long time to get finished up.

To celebrate I decided to create an old-fashioned Rogue Trader era White Dwarf ad. Hopefully it looks legit! 



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I'm in love with these ranges, and your work on these minis is fabulous. The ad style is the icing of the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I'm looking forward to Wave 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I intended to have Wave 3 done by year's end... looks like it won't happen.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Wave 4 is pretty sweet, I was sent a few preview minis for it. Pretty cool!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic looking pieces. Bonus points for the ad style for sure!

    ReplyDelete