Sunday, February 27, 2022

Rogue Trader - Reaper Chronoscope - Xenos Servo Skulls

I acquired a Reaper 'Chronoscope' Time Chaser a few years ago... the plan was to use her as a Rogue Trader. This was before GW released their three plastic ones :)


As is often the case, the mini sat in the lead pile for years until the right time came along, which was a 'Fabulous February Females' painting competition on Instagram. I forgot to take a WIP shot of her, so I ended up painting another mini for that comp.

I had come across a bunch of  Photoshopped images by artist Steve Payne a few years back, which seemed to have a 40k vibe to them. He was taking paintings of Russian generals and shopping in an actor's face. I added a Sigourney Weaver of my own :)


I glued the prints to some magnetic sheets and added some frames I printed off on my Mars2.

I also try to make a new servo skull each month for #servoskullsaturday, a little initiative I started which challenges me to post a servo skull every second Saturday.


3 comments:

  1. Nice work. Those portraits are clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on all 3 elements here. I have that same Reaper miniature for the same purpose, it has been half painted for probably close to 7 years now! Yours looks great and is making me want to dig mine out.

    ReplyDelete