Friday, November 11, 2022

The Mandalorkian

I painted a space goblin in a 'Baby Yoda' style carrier about a year ago, and had been wanting to make a guardian ork for him. A couple of months ago I discovered that Puppets War made a set of rocket orcs that had a Boba Fett style helmet. I eventually bought the STL files and printed one off.

The arms and backpack have integral magnet holes, so I ordered the correct size and kitted him out with options. The long rifle is made from a mashup of 3rd edition ork weapons I had in the bits box. I used the same skin tone seen on my RT era orks. This guy is quite a bit larger!


5 comments:

  1. I just love this.

    I don't know precisely why some toy soldier types are better for mapping pop culture elements onto than others, but they are, and orks are best of all I think. Plus mashing "ork" into recognisable terms I'd dad-joke fun IMO.

    Love it. More please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, this is awesome at so many levels! Dis iz 'da way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Any plans to use it in a game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the hope! I'm wanting to start a fringe desert planet, he'd be good there.

      Delete