Saturday, July 1, 2023

Folk Horror Project - Crooked Dice - Children of the Fields - May Queens - Corn Dolls

I've had a large stash of 'Folk Horror' for about a year, comprised of miniatures from Ainsty, Crooked Dice, Midlam Miniatures/Woodbine, and Meridian/Gardens of Hecate. I've liked the film Wickerman for some time, and when I found out that Crooked Dice had a range loosely based on that genre, I decided to hunt for more.

I decided to make 'Folk Horror' my summer project, and while it is admittedly off to a slow start I have gotten somewhere.

I've been drawing packs at random- first up are some Crooked Dice 'Children of the Fields'.

 

First draw was the 'May Queens', one of my favorite packs from the range. I decided to paint Lady Winterly at the same time, as well as a girl I had 3D printed, from Tiny Furniture.



The next draw was a pack of 'Corn Dolls', crude animated scarecrows.

Up next, 'Some are Islanders'.

6 comments:

  1. I love these models and I really like the painting you've done on them. The backdrops are really good too: very fitting for the folk horror theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciated! The countryside backdrop is newly painted, seems a little saturated to me. I think I need to revisit it.

      Delete
  2. Nice, I haven't seen those models before - and your paint work is fantastic as usual. Very cool project and looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I planned to have it done in 2023, I don't think that will happen :)

      Delete
  3. Wow - those May Queens are fantastic. Magic touch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The May Queens are indeed fantastic. I need to add those to my CD mummer men. Wickerman is a wonderful theme I have thought about for years. Really looking forward to your summer break project...

    ReplyDelete