Thursday, June 22, 2023

Turnip28 - Grand Bombard

I started this project about a year ago- a Grand Bombard for the Turnip28 game. The cannon model is a design available from the Turnip28 Patreon. The crew is largely based on the Eureka 'Sandras' with a few other things added in. 

I needed cannonballs for it, and got the mad idea to create some Madballs- weird toy foam balls from the 1980s. As far as I could tell, there wasn't an STL of them. I never actually owned any, but I do have a comic book featuring them! The spheres were actually my first major 3D designs, but oddly I ended up releasing a couple others before I got around to finalizing the 'Crazy 80s Spheres'. 


I also designed some pulleys and a 'crane clamp' for gripping the spheres. I found a nice treadwheel crane by Printable Scenery that seemed to fit the vibe I was going for really well, because these things would be big and heavy!




All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but I think it would need several more crew!

Additional images of a game:





10 comments:

  1. The finished product is gorgeous, and the madcannonball idea fits perfectly, in its own strange Bosch-via-Reaganomics way :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a piece of genius. The whole concept is mind blowing, but the result is awesome beyond any measure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure it could be measured! Even subjectively!
      Thanks man!

      Delete
  3. Lovely work indeed. You've achieved a detailed and atmospheric, creepy vibe with the finished models and their setup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete