Friday, July 10, 2026

Dark Elves - Oldhammer 3rd Edition Fantasy Battle - Dark Sea Shields

Several months ago I was approached to 3d model an old Dark Elf shield for a guy. I'm assuming he wanted to make a full unit with the same shield. It was a pretty quick job, and I got to thinking maybe I could do a few more "Dark Sea" themed shields. 

 After clearing out months of commission work, I got down to painting the miniatures to go with them. I think four of these are old 2nd/3rd edition Citadel and three are Marauder. 

 

I based the colors for the Dark Elves off this album artwork by Rodney Matthews:                             


 

 
The "Dark Sea Shields" are available as STLs on my Cults3d page. 

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/dark-sea-oldhammer-shields

7 comments:

  1. I'm such a fan of blue skin dark elves. They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I believe its my first time painting Dark Elves, seemed the right thing to do!

      Delete
  2. Exceptional work on these. The colour palette is striking, especially the skin. The shields look great too: love the angler fish!
    Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said on leadadventure, this is awesome, I love the colours combination

    ReplyDelete