Sunday, August 30, 2026

Ophatran Sub-Sector Starmap

Over the years as I developed narratives for my 40k scenic photographs I pondered the various planets that might be in the Ophatran sub sector, centered around the main planet Ophatran Secundus. A couple months ago I had a strong urge to break out the Battlefleet Gothic game again after many years and played a couple of games. My friend agreed to play a campaign, so we made our fleet lists and generated a random sub sector map using the guidelines in the Warp Storm rulebook. I was really pretty happy with the random results as it fit my nascent ideas about the planets in the remote Ophatran sector.

Naturally, I couldn't leave it at that so I started creating a starmap in Photoshop, using 40k maps and historical maps from the age of exploration as inspirations. 

 
The end result is better than I'd hoped (I certainly spent way more time than I can afford on it) and is a bit of a "Where's Waldo" experience. Once I make sure there's no egregious errors I'll have a couple printed off at 11x17,  300dpi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment