Saturday, January 24, 2015

North African Buildings Part 2

I managed to do some significant work on the Modellbau Najewitz buildings today. I tried doing some staining over a primer layer, which didn't give the look I wanted so I ended up painting them with a flat indoor latex, then picking out the screens, posts, and doors with brown. This was followed with a stain of MinWax Golden Oak. It doesn't quite match the Harem building but then again total uniformity in the coloration isn't a great idea anyway.




I'm also doing some experiments on a good way to make mud brick walls for my Darkest Africa project. Here is a pic of some Gatorfoam that has a layer of bricks screened onto it, using a Litko brick template. I'll be posting more images of this little endeavor later once I get it figured out.


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Those are Outstanding Buildings! Do you sell any sir? Thanks

      Delete
    2. These buildings are from Najewitz Modellbau- I think the resin versions may be discontinued.

      Delete