Monday, January 19, 2015

Renedra Bell Tents

I finished a small side project today- a set of 28mm Renedra plastic 'Bell Tents'. These were included in the 'Horns of the Buffalo' box set from Empress Miniatures (or Warlord), which I am slowly chipping away on.



The tents are smallish but overall I'm happy with them. The set includes two open tents, two closed tents, two cots, and a fire pit. I like little details that help a scene look lived in.

There were some mold lines that needed scraping, and the open tents have some protruding plastic on the inside that needed removal. I added a central pole by cutting a thin dowel to length (I could have used a toothpick but I was out). A small circle cut from canvas textured paper provided a tent floor.


Here is a picture with a seated 28mm Copplestone explorer, from Foundry's Darkest Africa range for scale.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment