Sunday, April 25, 2021

Chameleon Auxiliary - Tau Kill Team

I'd been anticipating the release of the Wargames Atlantic plastic Lizardmen, again with the intention of adding another xenos auxiliary to my Tau Kill team. I knew the kit was going to have a cool chameleon head.

As soon as I got the box I went to work modifying the arm to accept a Tau pulse rifle, with a new scope. I used a scabbard from the kit and added a new handle for a sheathed sword as well. Lastly, I sculpted a small shoulder pad so I could visually link him to the team a bit more.

I wasn't sure how I wanted to paint him, so I polled my Instagram account.


My sadistic followers voted for 3 (although I must be a masochist for listing it as an option... ).

 Group picture of my Xenos team members so far. 


Funny enough I don't have a Vespid or Kroot on the team, I need to rectify that.

10 comments:

  1. He looks great! And a great bunch of aliens to boot. I'm going to have to borrow some of these ideas for inspiration on my Stargrave crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stargrave is probably what these guys will be used for, never have used them for an actual 40K Kill Team game :)

      Delete
  2. I refuse to believe this is real :O
    The concept is fun, but the execution is awesome. Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, thanks, it took a little time! I can safely say we won't be seeing a unit of these!

      After a photo session I went back and did more work to get to this state :)

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! I cannot believe you managed to pull of that skin colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, its pretty wild. I took some photos prior to these, and decided it wasn't quite right, so I went back to the painting table for more work- I don't do that often!

      Delete