Thursday, June 30, 2022

Blood on the Sands - Gladiators

Several years ago I did some illustration work for a gladiator game that was in development. Despite being a great game, Blood on the Sands sat in limbo until a couple of months ago when the developer unveiled a revised draft. The new rules heavily lean toward a short campaign, requiring six gladiator types. I only had four painted, so I cracked open the storage and pulled out enough for two of each type, for my friend and I. I primed them up and they have sat a couple weeks, with only a base skin tone layer.

Today I painted my ass off almost all day and knocked out the group. I'll have some detail pics up later, hopefully with some battle reports.  









6 comments:

  1. These look fantastic! Wonderful colors across the board, and really impressive that you finished them all in a day!

    I love the concept of a gladiatorial arena, so I'll be excited to see the battle reports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost finished anyway, realized after I took the pic that I missed the plumes and feathers!!!

      Delete
  2. What a change of subject and what a gorgeous result. You really made an outstanding job on them. Those who are to enjoy your pics salute you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, great comment!
      Yeah this one was a little out of the blue, quite a change of subject!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, this style of mini is quick and easy compared to the GW stuff!

      Delete