Friday, June 3, 2022

Inquisition Acolytes - Metal Daemonhunter and Witchhunter Ranges 2003 - Navigators


I finally manged to paint the metal Inquisition gun servitors. This completes the last of the metal acolytes from the early-to-mid 2000s Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters ranges. This is one of my all time favorite GW lines, certainly my favorite range from the 'Middlehammer' era.


 

 
 
I also recently painted a miniature designed by Heresy Labs. It is a 3d print that I picked up on eBay or Etsy, probably before I bought my resin printer. I painted him in the purples I use for Navigators. He's next to road shrine by Tesseract Tomb, which I printed on my Ender3. I added a few things to it- the statue bust on top was found on Scan the World and printed on my Mars2pro.


Lastly, a navigator from Kromlech that I think I forgot to post. 





9 comments:

  1. Cool painting! I've got a few of these chaps, but I hacked them up for dodgy conversions. Who's the preacher-type guy with the shotgun? I don't think I've seen him before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's an unreleased mini I picked up on eBay several years back. I think the base tab says 'Sage', he's pretty much an alternative pose of the eviscerator priest.

      Delete
    2. I like him! Ironically I converted that chainsaw guy to have a big gun. I've got a few of these models unpainted: seeing them done so well inspires me to get on with painting them.

      Delete
  2. Fantastabulous! I do love these and the 3D and so additions look absolutely great. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me! (I'm having this anonymous problem quite often lately!)

      Delete
    2. Haha, you're not the only one! The browser I normally use will let me post stuff, but not actually respond to comments on my own blog.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Fantastic collection! Wonderful figures, beautiful paint jobs. They look like a suitable force for any Inquisitor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paintjobs are fantastic. I love that Kromlech Navigator. She has a real Egyptian vibe to her, which is something you don't often see in 40K (or 40K adjacent) miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Agreed, I thought this one had that exact vibe, maybe even useable for a 30K Thousand Sons group.

      Delete