Sunday, April 26, 2020

Adeptus Mechanicus - Skullz Enginseer

Many years ago, GW ran a rewards program called 'Skullz'. I don't recall the particulars of the program. The only thing I was really interested in from Skullz was a very cool set of Adeptus Mechanicus characters.
 

Luckily, at the time I was doing some painting for a GW Outrider and he traded me a set in exchange for painting. Excluding the single figure I painted a couple years ago, I've been sitting on the rest of them for almost 20 years. I've decided to rectify this grave injustice and painted up an Enginseer and a little homonculus from the set (the little guy with the large book), plus two other little tech-thralls. I have no idea where I got them, or who made them- I'm guessing they are Warzone or Demonblade.


[EDIT: I've been told the two little guys (2nd and 4th) are Warzone Dark Legion 'Children of Ilian'. Can't seem to find any info on them though.

I also photographed a couple of the 40K objective scenery items:



More to come!







9 comments:

  1. Those are some really creepy little assistants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they look happy, which is never a good sign in 40K ;)

      Delete
  2. Ditto, I love those little guys. So they're all from the unreleased set too?

    I've come across some of these minis whilst searching on eBay, but never knew their origin. I've got the guy third from the left, but I'm still after the first guy on the left as well.

    I'm really looking forward to seeing all of these painted up. Your painting is top notch :)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      In the pic with the four figs: 1 and 3 are from the Skullz set. The other two little guys are Warzone Dark Legion apparently.

      Delete
    2. Oh cool! Thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated. Off to the interwebs I go :)

      Delete
  3. Great work, I love the admech guy and the minute thralls are great too, perhaps even better. I love the weird computer thing too and the Windows 95 logo is a hilarious touch. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I remember the Skullz stuff! Really gorgeous work on all the pieces. The Windows theme on the screen made me chuckle, haha, that's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did an Apple screen several months ago and someone said I should have done a Windows 95... it had to happen :)

      Delete