Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Rogue Trader Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and Acolyte

Continuing my quest to paint the GW Inquisition miniatures, this month I selected an Ordo Malleus figure from the olden days of Rogue Trader 40K. I never really cared for this guy, but I like him quite a bit now!



I was a huge fan of the Grey Knights army found in Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness, and had painted this fellow up before, around 1992. When I picked him to repaint this time around, I was struck by his "Moebius" style- I wasn't really aware of the artist back then. Since I've been on a Moebius kick lately anyway I picked an Illustration of Arzach to provide color inspiration.



I also painted up an acolyte/henchman from the early 2000s Witch Hunters range.


 An Inquisitorial Acolyte reads from the Litany of Incineration

The Portal Companion Cube is from Shapeways.

7 comments:

  1. Haha, I love it. It's kind of Moebius-esque indeed! Pretty nice paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those old Ordo Malleus inquisitors are utterly bonkers aren't they?! Covered with sigil plates from top to toe and carrying bizarre-looking daemon weapons. The red and gold is the perfect look, but I love those sky-blue touches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty odd, lots of shapes and symbols that don't appear Imperial at all :)

      Very neat figures though. After I bust out Inquisitor Greyfax I'll be back to the Ordo Malleus :)

      Delete
  3. Never saw the Moebius connection before but now I can't not see it. Great work on this weird old model!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never finished painting my old inquisitor all those years ago. He's currently bathing in surgical spirit so I can give him a complete paint job!
    There is one thing that's bugging me though: is it a normal space marine type pack pack that goes on the back or is it something else? I cannot find any photos of the back of the mini...

    ReplyDelete