Monday, April 13, 2020

City Guards - 40K Gelida the Frozen Expanse

I recently finished up some city guards for Gelida. The base models for these are Wargames Atlantic 'Grognards'. I used GW weapons since I already had a bunch of extras. I also replaced the leader's mask with one from the Necromunda Goliaths kit just to make him stand out a bit more. The comms guy received a greenstuff mask.



I particularly like the bodies and heads in this set- the bearskins are super cool and I'm sure I'll use them on some other projects as well. The kit has a straight-up insane variety of head types.


Naturally, I wanted them to have a ride but all of the many tanks and walkers in my pile of shame are destined for other projects. I hopped on Thingiverse and found a couple different models I could combine to make a wheeled Repressor/Rhino looking APC.


7 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. I like the vehicle though I imagine tracks would be better in snow (?? no idea personally I have never seen snow except in movies, photos, etc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, I thought about it for a bit because my impression is also that tracks would be better for a tank. I did a bit of research on Russian and Soviet APCs and other wheeled snow vehicles and there are some neat wheeled examples. I live in an area that gets a fair amount of snow and tires are certainly not the best :)

      As far as my project goes, one faction has a tracked vehicle, one has a half-track, and this one has wheels :)

      Delete
    2. Factional identification is always a good reason to choose something different!

      Delete
  2. What a glorious rhino conversion, you added so much the base chassis is hardly recognisable anymore.

    Your really made the theme your own and every picture is a real treat.
    Sensational work all over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grognard guards are excellent. You have an extensive bit box...

    ReplyDelete