Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Gelida the Frozen Expanse - A Grim Landmark



This is a scenic piece I've been wanting to build for a while. I had the components finished a few weeks ago, and waited until I had several other things ready before I applied snow effects to all of them at once.



The snowmobile is a modified 40K motorcycle. Icicles are clear plastic cut from a miniatures blister pack, and layered with acrylic gloss medium. The unfortunate iceman is a Mantic plague zombie body, with a GW zombie head and a bolt pistol. Snow effects are a mix of Woodland Scenic Snow, white paint, gloss medium, water, and a drop or two of iridescent effect craft paint.




7 comments:

  1. The last one is an 'A' class picture, perfectly framed.
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

      Delete
  2. Saw this on Insta, it's really darn good sir :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man :)
      Pics always look better on the blog (at least for me, maybe my phone sucks :) ).

      Delete
  3. Love it...the icicles turned out well and ever element just works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, it's really inspirational, what a great overall effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope it doesn't inspire you to snowmobile without the right equipment :)

      Delete