Monday, December 28, 2020

Inquisitor Gideon Lorr - Rogue Trader Inquisitors - Shuttlecraft

In addition to my 40K Adventurers resolution, I also tasked myself with painting one Inquisitor per month until I paint them all. This month there are two because I mistakenly primed another and I never go into the New Year with primed minis :)

First up, "Gideon Lorr" from around 2004. He was a named character with a unique profile found in a UK edition of White Dwarf. I think he was somewhat limited in release and I was lucky to have sought him out several years back before prices got crazy.



I also painted up the third Inquisitor from the Rogue Trader 3-pack. This guy might just be my least favorite Inquisitor ever, although I am not a fan of the 2000s Daemonhunters either.


 
Lastly, I wanted an Inquisitor's shuttle. I had made a conversion using a GI Joe "SHARC" many years ago, and decided to do another. I picked up a very cheap one on eBay, as it was missing the canopy and pretty much everything else. I added some plasticard, underslung multi-lasers and a sensor pod. Then I painted it up to look threatening. I'm still waiting on some decals to arrive- there are not many white Aquila decals out there!  



Funny enough I managed to find the picture I used to sell the original one I made over 20 years ago! I still haven't fully finished that marine :(
 


12 comments:

  1. Oh, man! Iwas about to say something about the Inquisitors and then I saw the SHARC thing. Oh, my, that's a show stealer!! I love it!
    You are such a bad influence, now I need to recover all my Inquisitors of old and repaint them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Inquisitors have always been some of my favs, from way back in the olden days of Rogue Trader!

      Delete
  2. That's a very cool looking vehicle - I love the orange windscreen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I never go into the New Year with primed minis", said almost no one else ever. :)

    I rather like Gideon Lorr. Nice work on the leather. The SHARC vehicle is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That unfortunate inquisitor in white looks like he has a toilet seat wrapped around his neck.

    When you say that you're not a fan of the daemon hunters inquisitor, are you talking about Coteaz? He's legendary!

    Great job on the bird. It's a pretty impressive replica of the red one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I was thinking of the generic daemonhunters, there are two that don't have very good proportions and uninspiring heads :)

      Yeah, that white power armor looks very uncomfortable, and very "toilet seat"!!!

      Delete
  5. That shuttle is great!

    And Gideon Lorr is super annoying because it is just a regular figure variant made special by GW giving it a name, and now I can never have one...
    (yours is of course lovely)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! GWs limited release schemes are pretty annoying!

      Delete
  6. Lorr is a great figure in the classic Inquisitor-as-gunslinger vibe. I wonder how many Inquisitors you have painted now? Enough for a conclave I guess! The shuttle is my favourite piece here. I actually like the stark anonymous black - it might be nice with minimal discrete decals if you feel the need to add them. The protruding 'visor' above the view port really adds a lot of menace compared with your original build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About fourteen I think. GW has made 27 28mm scale Inquisitors by my count. Hope to have them all done in 2021 :)
      And yeah, there needs to be a conclave :)

      Glad the visor on the shuttle came off that way, I wanted it to look more aggressive.

      Delete