Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Imperial Citizenry - Alltag40k - Black Crab - Reliquary Holders - Grimdark AV

I've been working on more non-combatant Imperial citizens to populate my hive cityscape. There was an Instagram post detailing an event titled "Alltag40k" which had a work-play-pray theme. Essentially, everyday life in the 41st millennium. I was already planning on doing all of these anyway, so the event prompted me to bring them up in the queue.

 The first Relic holder uses a Strange Aeons witch as the base model. I gave her a piece from an old Bretonnian kit and greenstuff hands and chain.


The next relic enthusiast was provided a small reliquary from the Grey Knights kit with a little greenstuff for a cord. Pretty straightforward conversion here :)

The AV cart was based on a little scene from the Animatrix. The cart monitor is a Brother Vinni monk, modified slightly to give him some forward movement. I think the TV is from Pardulon, and the power source is a box from the old Rhino kit. Everything else is plasticard and greenstuff. Decals by Forgotten Chapters.




 
The full group so far- a mix of Black Crab, Brother Vinni, Anvil Industries, and Strange Aeons.

14 comments:

  1. Damn. That last picture is a truly fantastic ensemble for a 40K religious civilian gathering. The juxtaposition of these characters with your nobles makes for a rather striking display as well.

    Your finishing out the year strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope to keep the pace up this year too. I have sooo many projects waiting :(

      Delete
  2. Just out of curiosity, is there any head cannon on why all of the civilians in the last photo are wearing white and blue? A religious street gang perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gent named Suber painted his Black Crab minis in the blue/off-white scheme and I asked his permission to rip him off :)
      He came up with an "Order of the Ossuary" and I tacked onto the concept. I needed a break from white, black, and red :)
      http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-order-of-ossuary.html

      Delete
    2. Also, my Frateris Militia band was blues and greys, so Suber's scheme fit with my existing 'civilians'.

      I have plans to do the second militia in warmer tan/brown tones, and they'll have some sort of lay group attached to them. Statue shiners or candle lighter's guild or something :)

      Delete
  3. I love civilian stuff for the 40k world, and this is brilliant. That TV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Good! I've fallen in love with the black crab minis as a result of your blog posts. I watch with great sadness the lack of activity on the facebook page, lapsed website, and no kickstarter movement. Hopefully 2021 will bring some new life to people.

    I'm quite intrigued to see how your second militia and worship group turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I hope the Black Crab get a re-release.

      The second militia group will be a lot like the first. I have another 16 or so of the old 2nd edition Frateris, plus more VOID militia. I want a mostly symmetrical force- planning to set them against each other at least once ;)

      Delete
    2. The frateris are super useful figs. I sacrificed mine to add to my cawdor gang back in the day. I hope the clash will be over some suitably important (trivial) matter of theological interpretation.

      Delete
  5. Inspired figures! They work beautifully with your existing robe-clad civilians, and the conceit of having them venerate an ancient picture projection box as something magical is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like something we would see in Nemesis the Warlock :)

      Delete