Thursday, December 17, 2020

Hive City Tabletop Scenics - Kromlech- 40K Imperial Terrain

This is a long overdue post to show the Imperial hive city terrain by Kromlech that I completed a few months ago, and have been using in backgrounds. It seems to me that 3D printed terrain is slowly but surely overtaking MDF lasercut stuff in popularity, but I have to say I really like the Tabletop Scenics range by Kromlech.

First up, the "Arbitratorum". I love Arbites, so this was a must buy.


I left off a landing pad that came with the original, which didn't seem to me to make sense with the scale. The Imperial Eagle on top was 3D printed by me and added on. This one took a while to build.


Grimdark guillotine. Gruesome theme and one I wasn't sure I was going to get, but it came with a bundle deal I bought and its actually a neat kit. If you are careful you can use small dowels or toothpicks and get the gear system to function! 

 Officials inspecting the guillotine

Propaganda Post.


Penitent cages. There are single versions and a double version.


Clock. Imperial citizens need to be on time to their destination or they may end up in the aforementioned cages. I added a base to this using Hirst Arts blocks. It seemed out of proportion to be on the ground the way it is designed.


Scenic shot with some penitents in the cages- "Strukov's Experiments" by Statuesque Miniatures.

Crusaders protecting the penitents from an angry mob, so they can be properly executed later.

9 comments:

  1. Well, these are pretty perfect. They should give you a kickback for this kind of great advertising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, thanks. Maybe I'll mention it to them ;)

      Delete
  2. This is the kind of stuff that truly makes the difference on any board. I love these pieces, I think you nailed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber :) These kits took a lot of time (I think I watched the entire run of Flying Circus building these...) but they came out well.
      Hoping to get further along on a functioning Imperial city this upcoming year.

      Delete
  3. You've well surpassed painting to play games haven't you? I feel like your photographs, and photos like yours deliver that dopamine that you don't even get from playing. Reminds me of being ten and flipping through codexes. I would LOVE to see how you store your collection, and how you set up for photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's high praise :)
      I can take some pics of my storage mess and photo area for you sometime.
      I'm pretty much out of room at this point, can't add too much more scenery items...

      Delete
  4. That's some fantastic terrain. Really gives mood to the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope to add some similar stuff this year.

      Delete